Marbles Birthday Party
$315 members | $350 non-members
Make your next birthday celebration a day to remember with a party at Marbles! A birthday party at Marbles includes:
- 25 guests (adults and children)
- All-day museum admission
- 1 hour in a private party room
- Birthday parade
Want to know when birthday parties will be available to purchase? Just click here
to read our FAQs.
- A Marbles birthday party includes up to 25 guests (including adults and children). We recommend you have at least 1 adult for every 3 children at your party.
- You can add up to 25 additional guests at a cost of $10 plus tax per person.
- Party guests have access to all-day museum play.
- There will be 30 minutes to set up before the party starts and 15 minutes to clean up after.
- Team Marbles will be there to lend a hand during the party and will lead clean up.
- The room has tables, chairs, special seating for the birthday child, photo op and solid color vinyl tablecloths.
- Make the party space your own with decorations, plates, napkins, tableware, party favors and balloons. These items are not included in the party package. No wall decorations please.
- Items not allowed into the party room include, but are not limited to, confetti, silly string, glitter, pinatas and wall decorations.
Party Food & Beverages
- You may bring birthday cake, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Be sure to bring the plates, napkins, cups and other tableware needed for any food or drinks you are bringing.
- Any food other than the birthday cake must be prepared in a commercial kitchen. Check out birthday party catering packages from Bean Sprouts Cafe, conveniently located on the Marbles campus. We are also happy to provide a list of Marbles event catering partners.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in birthday celebrations.
Cancellation & Reschedule Policy
- Full payment is due at the time of party booking.
- Cancellations must be received at least two weeks prior to a party date for a refund minus a $30 cancellation fee. Cancellations within two weeks of a party date will not be given a refund.
- Parties rescheduled within two weeks of a party date are subject to a $30 rescheduling fee.
- Change or cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birthday Party Add-Ons
Birthday Kid T-Shirt | $15
Stand out from the crowd on your special day with a Birthday Kid t-shirt. Variety of colors and sizes from 2T to youth large. Email email@example.com to find out available sizes and colors.
Additional Party Guests | $10 per person
You may add up to 25 extra guests to your party at a cost of $10 plus tax per person. This will be collected on the day of your party after your guest headcount is finalized.
When do birthday parties go on sale?
Parties will be available on the website to purchase according to the schedule below.
Parties Available to Purchase
||November 1 at 10am
||December 1 at 10am
||January 1 at 10am
||February 1 at 10am
||March 1 at 10am
||April 1 at 10am
||May 1 at 10am
||June 1 at 10am
||July 1 at 10am
||August 1 at 10am
||September 1 at 10am
||October 1 at 10am
Can I celebrate at Marbles if I haven't booked a birthday party?
Although we have outdoor picnic tables, indoor eating areas and a cafe, they are not available for impromptu celebrations. We welcome all guests to play and enjoy the museum.
Is the birthday kid included in the guest count? What about his/her siblings?
The birthday kid, siblings and parents are included in the guest count. Our parties include 25 people total (adults and children). Children under 1 year old do not count toward the party headcount.
What if I have more guests than my party includes?
Your party includes up to 25 guests (including adults and children). We recommend you have at least 1 adult for every 3 children at the party.
Up to 25 additional party guests can be added to your party at a cost of $10 plus tax per person.
What if some of my guests are Marbles members, are they included in the guest count?
Yes, all party guests are included in the guest count. Membership admission benefits are not applicable for birthday party guests.
What is the role of Team Marbles?
Team Marbles will offer support as you set up, be available should you need assistance during the party, lead the parade to the museum after the party and help you clean up when it's over.
Do you have a space to store our party items before our party starts or after it is over?
Yes, we have an area where we can store your party items until it is time for you to enter the party room or until you leave the museum. Please remember that Marbles does not have prep or refrigeration space available. Marbles cannot store valuables, but lockers are available near the front entrance of the museum if needed.
Can I extend my time in the party room?
Our parties include one hour in a private party room and additional time is not available.
Can I bring in my own food?
- You may bring in food for guests as long as it is prepared in a commercial kitchen. Food from a caterer, restaurant or food delivery service are all allowed.
- Please be aware that all food should be delivered or brought in ready to serve as no prep or refrigeration space is available. Homemade food is not allowed.
Check out party package options from our convenient and delicious onsite cafe, Bean Sprouts. Please allow two weeks notice for birthday party catering.
Is a birthday cake included in the party package?
No, there is no cake included in the party package. You are welcome to purchase or make your own cake or cupcakes to serve to your guests.
Can I get into the party room early?
The birthday family may enter the room 30 minutes prior to the party start time to set up and prepare to greet guests.
What size are the tables in the birthday room?
The tables in the birthday room are 2.5 ft x 3.67 ft. There are 3 designated for food/presents and 12 tables with chairs set up for children to eat. Additional chairs are around the room for adult seating.
How do we get to the museum and where do we park?
You can find directions and information about where to park here.
Where do we go when we arrive for our party?
Parties are held in the Play Annex, which is located between the museum and IMAX/cafe building. Look for directional signage leading party guests to the birthday entrance, the green door adjacent to the grassy courtyard.
If your guests are playing in the museum prior to your party, have them come to the museum entrance to check in and receive an admission sticker.
What if the birthday family or guests are late?
The party room is scheduled for you for one designated hour only. If you or your guests are late, we cannot shift the party time due to other families celebrating that day. You and your guests are welcome to play in the museum, but the room is only available for that one designated hour.