Discover the power and fun of water and adventure. Inside and outdoors, Splash is overflowing with hands-on experiences and experiments.
- The Lighthouse Prepare to get wet! Splash in our water bowls as you discover what sinks and what floats. Smocks and hand-dryers are available.
- Hideaway Grove Venture outside for more water play in our natural urban oasis.
- Under the Waves Peek into the underwater world while surrounded by the calming sounds of the ocean.
- Science Submarine - Board the U.S.S. Science Sub and immerse yourself in science play! With lab coat, gloves and goggles, kids become curious scientists. Operate the sub at the control board, conduct experiments - both real and imagined - in the lab, survey the seas via periscope, tinker in the engine room and care for marine animals discovered along the way. Dive in -- an underwater adventure in science awaits you!
- The Blue Marble Ahoy, Matey! Climb aboard a realistic pirate ship for imaginary adventure. Swab the deck. Climb up to the crow's nest and keep look out. Captain the ship as you troll the North Carolina waters.
- Castaway Cove Kids Garden See whats sprouting in the ever-changing beds in our real kids garden. Get your hands dirty as you explore the garden and its inhabitants and find insects buzzing about. Play with diggers and 'dozers in Diggin' Dirt Island. Tiptoe into Fairy Hollow to find a tiny friend. Presented by BCBSNC.
- Power Flower - Marbles has sprouted a 22-foot tall giant flower that's powered by the sun! We call it the POWER FLOWER and you'll find it planted in Castaway Cove Kids Garden. Come see how solar energy makes this POWER FLOWER move! Presented in partnership with Duke Energy. SolarPartner - Southern Energy Management.
Phil and Louise York
The John Rex Endowment is also a generous sponsor of Marbles' Be Healthy. Be Active educational initiative.
Southern Energy Management