**Around Town is temporarily CLOSED for exciting renovations! Kids will soon get to experience modern North Carolina agriculture in a new On the Farm exhibit sponsored by the United Soybean Board, North Carolina Soybean Producers Association and the North Carolina Pork Council. Also look for bigger train tables and a brand new performance stage. Join us Saturday, June 1, for the Grand Re-Opening of Around Town featuring On the Farm for a day of NC farm fun for the whole family.**
Explore a kid-size version of our community where kids take charge and lead the way. Around Town is bustling with opportunities to imagine and explore how people work, live and play together. Around Town features:
- Speed Zone – Get into the driver’s seat of a real CAT bus or let your hair down while cruising in our little red convertible. Fuel up before speeding off! Take a ride anywhere your imagination will take you.
- Let’s Fight Fire – Suit up and take off in Engine No. 1. Drive the truck to the next emergency, grab the hose and put out the burning flames.
- Get Well – Come to the rescue in a mini-ambulance; turn on the spinning red light, dress in scrubs and grab your doctor's bag and care for newborns. Read real x-rays to diagnose and mend a broken leg - you can even send your patient home on crutches.
- Peek-a-boo Bay -A new calm,enclosed activity area for parents and their little explorers. Spend part of your day down by the bay where Marbleous babies up to 18 months play.
- On the Farm – Pull on overalls, wear a hat and gloves to care for the oversize farm animals, then harvest and sort North Carolina fruits and vegetables for the farmers market.
- My Market – Push a kid-size shopping cart through the grocery store, shopping for healthy food choices. Remember to weigh your produce before checking out!
- Let’s Eat – Pretend to be a chef or server. Cook up and serve a healthy meal with food purchased in the market and on the farm. At the end of the meal, clear the table and wash the dishes for the next customers.
- Readin’ Retreat – Rock on the front porch of a log cabin and read a good book or just take a break.
- On Broadway – The drama and excitement that come with imagination are on display! Change into costume - dressing up as a wild animal, community worker or ballerina - take center stage and throw open the curtains to perform a show!
- Treeville – Explore a world of green ideas under the giant tree. From rain barrels to solar panels to urban gardens, these doll houses provide plenty of green play.
- All Aboard! – Be the conductor as you lead a train over the river and through the woods.
- Pet Vet - Help fix the oww in your Woof or Meow!Learn about compassion, responsibility and giving animals the loving care they deserve.
- Exploration Station - Little fingers and big imaginations both get a work-out as kids explore table top play scenarios. Go on a jungle safari, discover fun on the farm or create your own amazing structures. You never know what you'll find at Exploration Station. Children practice the important learning concept of symbolic play, while having fun together with their adult!
- Backstage Studio - Using different art materials each week, littlest learners are encouraged to create a masterpiece and will find success because there is no right or wrong in art. The creative arts are an important part of learning, discovering, developing coordination skills and expressing feelings.
AE Finley Foundation
Progress Energy is also a generous sponsor of Marbles' Grow Up Green educational initiative.