Marbles Kids Museum opened our doors on September 29, 2007 to kids and kids-at-heart! The crowd was wowed when we unveiled our new name and new exhibits after a suspenseful 24-day transformation that followed the merger of Exploris and Playspace. Opening Day was a super sensation. Why Marbles? A wall that wraps around the museum is filled with more than one million marbles that light up at night. And Marbles is a nickname for brains. At Marbles Kids Museum, kids are encouraged to use their marbles - learning new things through imagination, discovery and play.
Marbles Kids Museum inspires imagination, discovery and learning through extraordinary adventures in play and larger-than-life IMAX experiences.
- Create. Innovate. We give kids tools and resources to imagine, invent, experiment and solve.
- Be Healthy. Be Active. We provide play environments that promote physical activity and healthy choices.
- Build Your Brain. We deliver playful experiences that help kids develop skills for success in learning and life.
- Connect and Communicate. We help kids learn to work together to explore new ideas.
- Grow Up Green. We call kids into action to help care for the earth and preserve its resources.
- We believe in the power of play to contribute to intellectual growth, social and emotional well-being and physical development.
- We believe in the power of play to help develop 21st century workers who are able to solve problems, apply ideas, create, innovate, communicate and connect with others.
- We believe in the power of play to unite communities around the critical importance of the childhood experience.
- We believe in the power of play to strengthen families.